Group Finance Director
JCW is a collection of talent-focused businesses and brands, offering a range of services to a number of sectors primarily across the European and North American regions. The Group is made up of JCW Group (traditional recruitment), Xander Talent (recruit, train, deploy – UK), Guideline (consultancy – US), Core Consultants (consultancy – UK), OutScout (recruitment platform – US).
With a track-record of surpassing targets and outpacing our competition, we’re proud of our financial performance. In 2021 we had a total turnover of ~£45m, Gross profit of ~£17.5m, and EBIT of ~£5.5m. We have a specific vision in place of ~£50m in Gross profit by the end of 2025 and effectively a tripling of headcount up to 500 over that same period, and we intend to continue adding to our portfolio of synergy businesses over that period. This significant growth translates directly into career opportunities for our people, and everyone within the business has a clearly defined path for progression.
We’re on the hunt for a Finance Professional to join the Group to continue the pursuit of spotless compliance in our many regions, oversee a budding team of professionals and direct the business using the internal and external numbers available in order to achieve the long-term strategy of the Group. Operating at a Senior Management level and working with a global portfolio of businesses, the role leans more towards lateral management to ensure the Managing Directors fully understand all facets of their business financially.
The role will be based in our London office with remote flexibility, travel isn’t necessary as the business HQ is in London but international travel is encouraged for collaboration with the MDs. Current overseas offices are New York, Boston, Santa Monica, Austin and Frankfurt.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide expert advice, guidance and support on Finance strategy and assist initiatives financially across all regions globally.
- Responsibility for the quality and delivery of reporting by the Finance Team across the group internally and externally, not limited to: Budgets, Forecasts, Management Accounts, Executive Packs (collaboration with HR, Legal, Talent Team).
- Ensuring working capital requirement groupwide is tracked allowing for quick decision making on investments or capital-intensive decision making.
- Presenting results and projects to the Board and ExCos.
- Making sure all accounting and tax statutory requirements are met globally working closely with our Compliance Team and outsourced Company Secretaries.
- Being the driver of value when it comes to additional costs in the business, exposure is covered by the PO system – Decision making is covered by a sound mind.
- Manage and create new process and policies as the business evolves.
- Mentoring the Financial Controller and ensuring the team is trained and grows in line with the business requirement.
- Manage 3rd party relationships – Audit, Tax, Banks.
What you’ll need:
- Accounting qualification with minimum 5 years PQE minimum.
- Accountancy Practice experience (preferably Audit).
- International audit experience (US experience will be of great benefit).
- M&A exposure (not necessarily direct involvement).
- Demonstrate Leadership in Audits and Key Finance Projects.
- A desire to roll up sleeves and get involved with the Finance Department to progress the Team and Projects.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills in all directions.
Why JCW Group
We’re a high-growth, global talent provider with 250 people across 6 specialist brands in Europe and North America. Named the #1 fastest growing staffing firm in both 2020 and 2021, we’re Investors in People Gold accredited and winners of multiple “best place to work” awards. In other words, our culture, growth, and approach to our people’s wellbeing speaks for itself.
Whilst we’re a sales business, we firmly put purpose before profit and have a strong focus on mental health and wellbeing in the workplace with free Employee Assistance Program, generous annual leave, working holidays and lots more. We also have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and are proud to have a 50/50 gender balance across our global offices.
You’ll be joining a 7 strong Finance Team working with the Senior Leadership from day one. We’re a business who isn’t about egos and we encourage a truly collaborative and cross-functional work environment.
Salary £90,000 – £110,000 per annum
15% OT Bonus
3 Benefit options
25 days holiday + bank holidays