Sales Development Rep
We are a rapidly growing start-up who balance Profit and Purpose, established to provide Technical (STEM) and business-related consulting solutions to a range of blue-chip global corporates across the UK, European and North American markets. Due to our extensive growth plans we are looking for a SDR Consultant to work in our Client Solutions Team to drive lead generation and build the Xander Brand across targeted markets.
Xander focuses on recruiting talented people from diverse backgrounds, training them in our market leading Academy and embedding them into our clients’ businesses. Our business model is underpinned by our core values of Enhancing Capability, Appreciating Culture & Providing Care.
We are a motivated team who believes in the Xander vision and purpose – we are looking for like-minded individuals.
Your role would be to promote and position Xander at the forefront of potential customers minds so that they we are in the perfect place to find appropriate people solutions once a client-side opportunity arises. You will ideally have experience of working in a consulting or sales environment and be able to grasp a full picture of each & every requirement of the client. A creative and curious approach will ultimately enable you to help design bespoke solutions for our clients.
You will be working on a mixture of existing opportunities, dealing with incoming leads and generating your own network – nurturing the wider Xander Community with every communication. We are looking for somebody who can develop long-lasting relationships with clients, with a curious and consulting mindset.
The development, coaching, mentoring and up-skilling of our people is hugely important to us, as is Diversity and Inclusion in our people-centric start-up. Our senior consulting management team is always on hand for mentoring and personal development.
We are looking for somebody can:
- Identify transforming organisations where a Xander style solution could solve key problems for our clients
- Discover and build relationships with decision makers and influencers responsible for hiring and building capability
- Be comfortable building relationships via the telephone, email, social media and in person (once restrictions are lifted!)
- Qualify client requirements in a thorough way in terms of needs, budgets, technology and transformation plans
- Understand areas of CapEx and OpEx
- Maintain regular contact by striking up conversations about topical subjects and sending regular insights into the relevant markets and areas of interest
- Qualify any incoming leads
- Collaborate with Client Solutions Director and CEO to close deals
- Record all activities within the CRM system – Salesforce Enterprise Experience helpful
- Generate leads and cold calling prospective customers
- Develop opportunities in target markets with support of marketing
- Nurturing and developing relationships with key customer accounts
- Attending face-to-face meetings with clients
- Providing specialist advice on the solutions / services Xander offers
- An independent, self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate – we are a motivated team who collaborate and aim to inspire one another
- Determined – we are at the start of an amazing journey where we want challenge existing hiring paradigms. Be able to work in a committed, disciplined and organised way.
- Resilient – brush yourself off after getting knocked down, learn from mistakes instead of repeating them, and rebuff rejection instead of internalizing negativity
- Curious – be confident in asking questions, want to find out problems, look to help
- Creative – find the synergies between a client issue and a Xander service to support
- A team player, happy to work on your own initiatives or as a part of a large functional team.
- You are comfortable working in highly challenging environments, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills and a desire to learn and grow.
- Experience of LinkedIn and Salesforce (or similar CRM)
This role represents an unrivalled opportunity to join an exponentially growing, people-centric start–up organisation in its crucial growth phase, and to participate in that growth in terms of unique experience / skill development and your own pace of career development. We are a business that balances purpose and profit – in a collaborative and meritocratic cultural environment.
This role is based in London (with a remote working offer currently due to Covid-19) with some UK travel. Due to our current client scope, we are only able to offer this role to candidates with eligibility to live and work in the UK.
We offer a competitive salary with a creative sales bonus framework that rewards endeavour, collaboration, commitment and success.